Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Labor Day, New York City and September.

It has been forever since I have posted, how quickly time goes by. Lets start with our Labor Day plans. We took the whole week off and spent our weekend with Rich's parents at West Hickory and drove from there and spent the week in New York City, how I love that city. We stayed in a very nice one bedroom apartment on the Upper West Side, http://www.homeaway.com/ is definately the only way to go. We actually didn't get many pictures there. We spent a day in Battery Park and Ellis Island, we did a lot of subwaying, which isn't the best with a stroller. We walked around the city and did some shopping. We spent a day in Central Park which is one of my favorite things to do there. And it was very nice to visit with one of my close high school friends that now lives out there and I haven't seen in a long time.

Here are pictures of our apartment.

We have been enjoying Sydney's curiosity and playfulness, she is getting to be more of a little girl than our baby.
We were so excited about the fall and Sydney enjoying the cider mills and Halloween, since last year she basically just laid in our arms.
She enjoyed her first trip to the cider mill and enjoying a donut with Grandpa, she didn't really love the gilmore car museum that we did before that. Everyone else did, the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners is very nice.
She even loved the pumpkin cup of cider that Grandma got for her.
She amazes us on how much she comprehends, like when she started putting my belt around her and trying to buckle it, which she actually accomplished on her own. She also thinks that she is already a teenager that has phone priviledges and homework.



1 comment:

  1. WOO HOOO I LOve the updates, I just went back the last 6 months! It's so fun catching up on how the move went, your house is beautiful. I especially love to see how Miss Sydney is growing. I love reading the updates so keep em coming.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete